Omnivision SCCB Protocol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, Yes thx for the reply.

I wrote the SCCB protocol in VHDL which seems to work when I do a write but I am having trouble reading from the camera module.

So my problem is not the actual protocol anymore but my lack in vhdl experiance.

Did you do a camera project??

Huh,

I am doing some stereovison project with Omnivision camera. I have wrote the SCCB communication part but I didn't tested it because of the lack of time, so currently that part if code is useless but I want to finish it in near future. I am developing some video algorithm, I have tested it and it works fine, right now SCCB has to wait ((

Do you need it urgent? Can I help you somehow? What are you doing?

HI Thanks for the reply...

I am building a camera system for a small satellite using a omnivision camera and some peripheral memory.

That sccb gave me a couple of headaches but i sort off managed to complete the transmit section which I think will be sufficient for my project as I only need to load a couple of commands to the camera. Wow sterio vision that sound super interesting I also looked into that a while back. I found a 16 bit 128 mb fifo capable of HD speed which might be interesting if you want I can send you data.. Use 2 8 bit cameras and stream real time.

As I am quite noob still with vhdl and fpga, my code is still a bit buggy. Maybe you can share some of your code for the sccb .

Kind Regards

I just looked at my code, for the SCCB block I have only top module with zero lines of code . I remembered that I didn't have time to develop that block so I a wanted to try with default camera configuration, sorry, I really don't have useful code for you. My camera is OV7670 with flex cable, I had to make additional PCB board for the connection with my Spartan 3. But I didn't manage to connect each other, again I had to develop video processing algorithm. That is a future work.

Regard, Ivan M.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…