Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Omnivision SCCB Protocol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, Yes thx for the reply.

I wrote the SCCB protocol in VHDL which seems to work when I do a write but I am having trouble reading from the camera module.

So my problem is not the actual protocol anymore but my lack in vhdl experiance.

Did you do a camera project??

Huh,

I am doing some stereovison project with Omnivision camera. I have wrote the SCCB communication part but I didn't tested it because of the lack of time, so currently that part if code is useless but I want to finish it in near future. I am developing some video algorithm, I have tested it and it works fine, right now SCCB has to wait :(((

Do you need it urgent? Can I help you somehow? What are you doing?

HI Thanks for the reply...

I am building a camera system for a small satellite using a omnivision camera and some peripheral memory.

That sccb gave me a couple of headaches but i sort off managed to complete the transmit section which I think will be sufficient for my project as I only need to load a couple of commands to the camera. Wow sterio vision that sound super interesting I also looked into that a while back. I found a 16 bit 128 mb fifo capable of HD speed which might be interesting if you want I can send you data.. Use 2 8 bit cameras and stream real time.

As I am quite noob still with vhdl and fpga, my code is still a bit buggy. Maybe you can share some of your code for the sccb :).

Kind Regards

I just looked at my code, for the SCCB block I have only top module with zero lines of code :(. I remembered that I didn't have time to develop that block so I a wanted to try with default camera configuration, sorry, I really don't have useful code for you. My camera is OV7670 with flex cable, I had to make additional PCB board for the connection with my Spartan 3. But I didn't manage to connect each other, again I had to develop video processing algorithm. That is a future work.

Regard, Ivan M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back