Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Omnidirectional Circular Polarized Antenna...

Status
Not open for further replies.

antenna microwave

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello everyone...I'm new here..so if i make mistake...please forgive me..i have a question...someone can tell me can we make a circular polarized omnidirectional microstrip antenna?
whether the antenna will work in omnidirectional circular polarized..? sory for my english

I'm going to be so bold as to say... no :)

(That is to say, I've spent some significant effort trying! [If someone knows of a way it can be done, I'll swallow my pride and beg to learn how you did it!])

Anything I've constructed out of microstrip shows patterns consistent with dipoles/slots or the hemispherical shapes characteristic of classical patch antennas - wire antennas/antenna arrays would be a better bet for something approaching an omnidirectional pattern. I'd expect maintaining strict circularity over the entire radiation sphere will be a challenge though - the 'crossed dipole' (e.g. lindenblad) approach exhibits linear polarisations at certain angles, for example. There *might* be a turns/aspect ratio combination for the quadrifilar helix that will result in a-close-to omnidirectional pattern, but I'm not confident...

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back