Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Obtain 0.3 amps, 0-25 Vrms AC signal at 50 Hz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpj

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
what is 25 vrms

I want to apply a 0-25 Vrms AC signal at 50 Hz capable of sourcing 0.3 Amps across the primary windings of a ferrite ring.

Kindly suggest me economical and convenient ways to do the above.

I thought of using step down transformers or current boost circuit. Kindly provide your thoughts on the same.

I have a function generator with 20 Vpp output at open circuit and having 600 ohm output impedance. What essential additions can I make to obtain the desirable current of 0.3A as the function generator would not source more than 10 mA.

Thanks!!!

-TPJ

0.3-amps

Hi!

A bridge-type power amplifier circuit based on two TDA2030/TDA2004 or similar ICs operating off 16-20V with a suitable series limiting resistor between the IC outputs and your ferrite ring primary ought to do it! I'm sure I've got a ready-made idea in my Elektor project books somewhere - I'll look tonight!

Chris Williams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back