Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

numerical coding of a dispersive media

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranatel

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi every body,
Can you help me with numerical coding of a dispersive media? specially in FDTD codes?
thanx

May be you talk about dielectrics and physics models such as Debye ?

i have been made such code for ultra short pulse propagation in nonlinear optical fiber. in this code i took into my account the effect of material and waveguide dispersion. the material model i used is the Loranzian model. the results can be found in the papers

1. M. Nady, M. B. El_Mashade, A. M. Attiya , " Analysis of Ultra-Short Pulse Propagation in a Non-Linear Optical Fiber by Using BOR-FDTD Technique ", 25th National Radio Science Conference (NRSC2008), March, 18-20, 2008, Faculty of Engineering, Tanta Univ. Egypt
2. M. Nady, A. M. Attiya, M. B. El_Mashade , " Analysis of Nonlinear Fiber Bragg Grating Using BOR-FDTD with Direct Integration Method", 25th National Radio Science Conference (NRSC2008), March, 18-20, 2008, Faculty of Engineering, Tanta Univ. Egypt

if you intersted i will upload it for you

thanks

fatma1000

Could you please upload those papers. I would be very interested.

Thank you

this is the first paper

if y intersted on the second one that is about fiber Bragg grating i will ubload it

y can find the two papers in this link

thanks

hi... i have a question regarding the use of PML. what are the maximum conductivities that you use in your PML,(both for electric and magnetic)? i ask this because i am having a problem when i implement the condition sigma_magnetic/mu=sigma_electric/epsilon. my update coefficient for the magnetic fields become negative=(....
pls.. pls... i hope you can answer my question

It is not entirely clear what kind of pml you are refering to.
PML for dispersive media or standard PML?
In the latter case you are probably running into a problem
which shows up in the regular update equations as well if
you have high conductivities.

Possible solutions

1) use forward differences
2) use max(0,c) instead of c for the update coefficient (of course that means that some pml layers
will be pointless)
3) compute the maximum conductivity which keeps the coefficient >= 0
4) use non-linear discretizations

I think 2 and 3 are easiest and sufficient for many cases.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back