Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Nucleus OS POSIX Compatability

Status
Not open for further replies.

amraldo

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Any docs about that topic?
--
Amr Ali

Hi ali,

.... want to know OS POSIX compatible kernel?
or want to know the OS, using a standard API call POSIX system?

most of the OS at its core are standardized,
also because the microcontroller companies create APIs with different architectures compatiples

visit this site .. can you find what you want

https://www.rowebots.com

regards.

I am talking about POSIX APIs support like pthread_create ,...
--
Amr Ali

hello,

I have experience in many RTOS, all based on posix OS, but rather in the tiny Linux-based kernel if they are compatible, but some developers prefer not to use OS API and create your own scheduler, memory access, mutex, threading, etc
and actually get more speed and this is important in a system SRT,

but basically many companies of micro architecture, implemented in its basic functions that are common libraries on POSIX systems, such as all functions of architecture "core-MIPS" preved using "pthread and mutex", "heap FIB", ect, but ultimately people do not use jejejejej

regards.

My question is does is support pthreads, semaphores and message queues APIs?
--
Amr Ali

hello,

all based on posix OS at its core function the same and pthread is the deepest part of their core

A friend of mine made a list of compatibility between non-posix, I ask the list and sent it to you.

regards.

I am waiting for it.
--
Amr Ali

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back