Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

NTSC to VGA (RGB) Converter Circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

jellybean

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
rgb to vga converter circuit

I need a circuit or chip that will allow me to take a composite NTSC signal and convert (decode) it to VGA (RGB) for an LCD monitor. I have looked around a bit and was surprised that I could not find this circuit, although, there are plenty such consumer products out there.

composite to vga circuit

Take a look at the following web site, they seem to list several chips that do this function. I think the key is to search for composite video to RGB rather than NTSC.

**broken link removed**

Note: some links on this website are broken. However, it does give you the part numbers which you can then enter into Google.

rgb to vga circuit

Thanks for the link. I went to that site but I don't remember seeing these chips the first time. I also found a few more at the Philips web site, but these are all obsolete. There are modern chips from TI, Analog, ST, and Philips but they are overkill for my purposes and need MCU control. There are also some NTE chips. It's probably easier just buying some kind of box. Takes all the fun and frustration out of it though.:D

ntsc to vga

Hello,

I am relatively new to Video signals, and was requiring some help.

I am implementing a video black level clamp with an ASIC. I was considering adding some more functionality to my ASIC, by implementing a VGA interface. However, I found out that VGA takes in RGB as analog inputs, however ASICs only work on digital signals. Is there any way of implementing a VGA interface using an ASIC? Or is there some other functionality I can add to my chip?

Any comments are welcome...

ntsc to rgb

hi try www.ti.com write in the search field VGA there is a chip OMPA**** i guess. iam working in this project but no results any help i'll be thankfull

Status
Not open for further replies.