Status
Not open for further replies.

anchorman231

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello, I stumbled upon this site while doing research for a DIY project involving RFID technology. Be Gentle!

Idea:
* I want to be able to read a RFID tag from about 5-10 meters away.
* The tag must be able to tolerate some rougher conditions and can be wet.
* I will not have an unobstructed view to read this tag.
* I want to construct a small board inside of a FOB that I can press a button to have a small speaker beep on that chip..or perhaps transmit a signal to a receiver chip that would beep on said device (maybe a different project altogether). I thought about developing some some app to help track the device, but don't know if it is possible. The tag itself would have to weigh very little ( <10g ) and be the size of perhaps a SD card and something that would just be attached by some adhesive.

Unfortunately I don't know if anything like this exists. I understand that UHF signals or the 2.4 frequency would reach my desired range however, it seems the reader's and tags would be very expensive and too big anyway. I don't know if would be able to be developed to read the 13.56 frequency with having other things in the way while trying to read from 5-10 meters.

SkyeTek has a reader in a small form factor chip size that I am looking for but it only reads the 13.56 Mhz frequency.

https://www.skyetek.com/ProductsServices/EmbeddedRFIDReaders/SkyeModuleM1mini/tabid/338/Default.aspx

This is for locating things while out hiking and playing disc golf. I am heading out and doing a lot of hiking with friends and one recommended Garmin's Chirp thing, but I am looking to build something less than $100 and don't have money for an extra GPS device and $20 tags. Maybe this is my only option.

It was a long shot, but no one has helped me on other sites, I may just have to give up

If anyone has any Ideas I would appreciate it, thank you!

Hi Sir,
Our company Winnix is a professional provider for all kinds of RFID hardware.I recommend you may could consider some RFID modules.Please let me know more about your requirement,bruce@winnix.net /zenway8@gmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.