Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

nonlinearity in PT temperature sensor

Status
Not open for further replies.

saeyd akbar

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
non linear error

hi brothers
i have aproblem and asking your help
a platinum resistanc temperture detector is connected as one arm of a wheatstone bridge the Rt,R1,R2,R3,R4=250 ohm at o c, supply voltage=12v.
temperture coff.is 3.9x10-3
what is Vo at 1000 c
if the measured voltage at 500 c is 2.95v,what is the non linear eror in volt

Added after 1 minutes:

soory one more thing
how can this non linear error be reduced

RTDs in industrial applications are rarely used above 660 °C. At temperatures above 660 °C it becomes increasingly difficult to prevent the platinum from becoming contaminated by impurities from the metal sheath of the thermometer. This is why laboratory standard thermometers replace the metal sheath with a glass construction. At very low temperatures, say below -270 °C (or 3 K), due to the fact that there are very few phonons, the resistance of an RTD is mainly determined by impurities and boundary scattering and thus basically independent of temperature. As a result, the sensitivity of the RTD is essentially zero and therefore not useful.
as wikipedia says, so I'll recommend you to use some thermocouples for measuring temp about 1000 deg C. According nonlinearity - the easiest is to use interpolation table - where you remember 10-15 points of the characteristics with linear interpolation between them.

tahnk you for you reply,but what i need her is to solve the problem mathimaticlly, in caculation

Yes, I see. It isn't a real problem, it's an exercise. Just consider rule of three calculus.

Status
Not open for further replies.