Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Non-rectangular radar pulse shape for radar systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

m_llaa

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
I have a question about radar pulse shape. Is non rectangular pulse shape applicable in radar systems? If yes, please send me the reference (article or another ref.)

Radar Pulse Shape

usually it will be non-rectangular

Re: Radar Pulse Shape

You will need to keep the radiated energy within a frequency range both for legal reasons and also to make best use of the reflected energy. That is you will be able to use a narrower receiver bandwidth which will improve the SNR.

Re: Radar Pulse Shape

Here are several radar references:

Good classic texts on radar include
Merrill Skolnick’s Radar Handbook,
and the hoary old "Rad Lab One" that
refuses to die. Otherwise known as
Radar Systems Engineering by Louis
Ridenour. Another very outdated but
popular intro is Robert Page’s Origin
of Radar from Doubleday.

(paragraph "cut" from the web.)

Radar Pulse Shape

Dear saamerbabu, I think in most application tha pulse shape is rectangular. Whats your reason to say usually it is non rectangular?

Dear flatulent, you are right, but this is not my answer. If you know some systems that use non rectangular pulse because of bandwidth, please send me the reference.

Dear Azulykit, please read my question one more time. I dont want reference for radra or radar application.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back