Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Nokia LCD ident and info

Status
Not open for further replies.

zuzurelu

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
nokia 7110 lcd connector

Hello all,

A lot of garbage on Google abt. Nokia displays, especially those thousands of junk sellers, unlockers, etc. I really don't found any info on 2 displays I want to use them in my PIC projects. From all Nokia LCD pinouts on net... just mines are missing :cry: very frustrating... lol...

One of them comes from my old 9300 Communicator, the little one on the front (color). I watch in service manual of my Nokia and says 130x130px.

The second one, comes from some other cheap Nokia like 1100, 1200 or 2100 (b/w I presume but of course, not sure, because I throw away the phone without note it's model). Connector looks like 6100 LCD with 2x5 pins, but mine appears to be ordinarily B/W not color.

I attach some pictures maybe someone recognize them (mother ~!@#$%^&*()_+).
Any info appreciate, like pinouts and controller - all I need to develop some libs.

Tnx in advance,

nokia 1200 lcd pinout

Wow... after studying schematic of 9300 that's what I found. I wrote pinouts in two more images, seems working. So far, unknown controller. Anyhow... at least I got a very nice big square white led :idea:

Anyhow, appears to be identically with Nokia 7610 and 3220

YO3HCV, Edi

nokia 7110 lcd pic

Hello!

I also would like to use a Nokia 3220's screen for my PIC projects. :) But I don't know the correct codes for the controller IC. What's more I don't even know the type or number of the controller. :S

Can you please tell me anything you found out so far? :) Thanks in advance!

Oh and one more thing: How did you manage to connect the display? :) Did you soldered the wires directly to the connector of the display?

Thanks for any help in advance and sorry for my English. :)

Bye!

nokia 2100 lcd datasheet

can any one upload a data sheet for this LCD and for nokia 6600 LCD big colored one

to use in my PIC project

thanks in advance

2100 lcd pinouts

Hello!

Buying cheap LCDs on the net is possible, but you always get that kind of problem.
No or uncomplete docs, etc...
May I recommend the following one?
**broken link removed**

Most of the LCDs include:
- The LCD itself;
- One PCB connector for the FPC cable;
- Optionally a 2.54 mm pitch adaptor board;
- Source code (in C) showing basic functions, initialization, writing characters
and pixmaps.

It is a bit more expensive than what you get on the net shops, but you can
start right away and don't have to spend time looking for docs.

I like it so much that... I am now working for them, and there will be
some color displays available soon.

Dora.

zuzurelu said:
Hello all,

A lot of garbage on Google abt. Nokia displays, especially those thousands of junk sellers, unlockers, etc. I really don't found any info on 2 displays I want to use them in my PIC projects. From all Nokia LCD pinouts on net... just mines are missing :cry: very frustrating... lol...

One of them comes from my old 9300 Communicator, the little one on the front (color). I watch in service manual of my Nokia and says 130x130px.

The second one, comes from some other cheap Nokia like 1100, 1200 or 2100 (b/w I presume but of course, not sure, because I throw away the phone without note it's model). Connector looks like 6100 LCD with 2x5 pins, but mine appears to be ordinarily B/W not color.

I attach some pictures maybe someone recognize them (mother ~!@#$%^&*()_+).
Any info appreciate, like pinouts and controller - all I need to develop some libs.

Tnx in advance,

nokia 1200 lcd datasheet

If you want to go dirt cheap, dipmicro is selling 96x64 b/w Nokia 7110 screens for 3$ for quantities less than 25. You can use **broken link removed** to generate fonts and images for it (and any other dot matrix LCD for that matter) - it's free. The article also points to an unbuffered PIC 7110 driver.

greetings guys.. does any of you got the datasheet of nokia 2100 lcd?

Finally i found some info on the 9300/3220/6021 screen ('ve got 3 of the 6021 screens)

is the led(+) voltage really 10,8 volt ?? (the battery of the phone is only 3.7 V)
(led connecting to gnd ? or something else?)

problem is to get the connectors
some more info for this lcd http://forum.lcdinfo.com/viewtopic.php?p=10688

Has anyone got a datasheet for this lcd ? or sample code ?
(or is it possible to use the 6100 code and extend the color bits ?)

Hello everybody!

At least! I found something about this LCD!! :)

Is it really using a 10.8 Volts to drive the LED-s?!

I know that it is possible with a voltage step-up or converter but I think that would drain the battery of the phone very fast.

Thanks for any help in advance! :)

By the way, sorry for my English!

Bye!

Hello!
ThAnKs FoR AnYtHiNg!
can you upload project with arm micro?
ByE.

Status
Not open for further replies.