Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Nokia e63 as gprs modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

sundus abrar

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello every one!i want to transmit data from my Atmega16 to a remote server via gprs network. Right now, i do not possess a GPRS modem and wanted to know if i could use my cell phone (nokia e63) as the modem. i searched around and found some AT commands about this phone too,that could be passed onto it via hyperterminal but i understand that a TCP/IP stack is also required for this GPRS communication.

could anyone plz provide me rough guidelines as to how to transmit the data with the cell phone without and external TCP/IP stack ic?

Also,how can i connect my phone to the Atmega16 without an intermediate Pc?

i am a newbie at this type of communication,so pl correct me if i am wrong.any help would be highly appreciated.

Thank you for your response, but these links do not contain information that i am looking for..

Status
Not open for further replies.