Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Nokia AC-3X charger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pha5e

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have measured the unloaded DC output from two Nokia AC-3X chargers (UK plug). The voltage reading is around 9V DC however, the specifications on the charger state the output is DC 5.0V, 350mA?

Try loading the charger with a 100 ohm resistor. The voltage should drop, but even if it does remain at 9V you will still be drawing only 90 mA . The charger's output is probably unregulated. For that matter, it's probably inadequately filtered for 50 Hz AC. If you're planning to use it for anything besides charging batteries, I'd recommend adding both a filter capacitor and a voltage regulator.

I have measured the unloaded DC output from two Nokia AC-3X chargers (UK plug). The voltage reading is around 9V DC however, the specifications on the charger state the output is DC 5.0V, 350mA?

How you get that adapter (came with phone or you get it from somewhere else) ?

Is it original ?

How you get that adapter (came with phone or you get it from somewhere else) ?

Is it original ?

Hi,

The two chargers I tested were both genuine Nokia chargers that were either purchased with the phone or bought.

I don't want to use them for anything else. Just curious why the unloaded voltage is higher that specified? I assume that as they are an SMPS design, the output should already be regulated (DC)?

Voltage will falldown with load to 5V. I have lots of phone adapters all shows 5V on output, except older types which have small iron transformer inside they shows around 7V.

I must say that I'm very disappointed in Nokia adapters. I compare original OEM with chinese adapters, chinese adapter is few class better in quality.

The word genuine does not mean much today, all is made in China.

Those days are gone when names meant something.

Status
Not open for further replies.