Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Noise caused by fluorescent light in infrared transceiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

louislu

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
infrared transceiver

hi...currently doin a proj regading infrared transmission.here a prob would like to ask for help...i m using HSDL-1100 infrared transceiver to establish a infrared transmission.it seems no pron in transmitter end but the receiver end is easily susceptible to noise.i m quite sure these noise come from flourescent light.because when i switch off the light then everything all right.however this infrared transceiver is designed to has immunity of sunlight or flouresescent light.anyone can tell me y?thanks in advance.... :eek:

Re: infrared transceiver

There are two classical methods to reduce this problem. The first is to put a baffle around the receiver so only light from the direction of the transmitter shines on it. The other is more complex. Use a modulated carrier method so there are no spectral components at the lower frequencies. Then use high pass amplifiers so that signals at the power line frequencies are not amplified.

Re: infrared transceiver

The light from them is actually rapidly pulsed usually at around 50KHz and at such high brightness this can still produce signals than can squeeze through a filter.

infrared transceiver

Hai,

Try to put module into a violet windowed black box.Then you'll get lower noise.The second choice is to change modul with a good-filtered one, like Vishay's or MiniSIR. ;)

Analyzer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back