Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

No Via under pad Altium Designer 15.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

fhover

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I'm having problems finding out how to tell Altium not to place a via under the pads when auto routing as you can see in the attached picture. Can anyone tell me how I can resolve this?

Not sure what you mean by "via under pads"? I don't see it in your layout (and it won't be allowed without changing the default design rules).

Do you mean via in component courtyard?

Thank you for your reply. What I'm trying to say is that I will solder the components on the bottom layer so I would like all traces leading to component pads to be on the bottom layer. And I would also prefer all via outside component courtyard if possible.

First of all, do NOT use the autorouter if you don't know how to configure it properly. The layout you'll end up with will be horrible.
Secondly, you'll have to place your components first before you start the routing process; they're too far apart and not placed in a logical order. Take a look at the placement of Q1 as an example of suboptimal placement. Why are the decoupling caps so far away from the ICs? Also keep in mind that connectors must be placed at the edge of the board for optimal accessibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back