Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

no output from sensor thermopile from Perkinelmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnykhor

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
no output from sensor

hi everyone, 2 questions here.

i am new to this forum, and i am doing infrared thermometer.

i bought a thermopile from Perkinelmer (data sheet attached, no sample circuit provided)
and i have no idea what are the pins SCLK and SDAT doing here.
and until now, i also haven get anything from tat sensor.

the 2nd question is:
does anyone can explain how the "table" in assembly language works?
because i need it to reduce my program size.

can anyone help me?
thank you very much.

Re: no output from sensor

Hi johnnykhor,

SCLK and SDAT belongs to I2C communication, I belive. Try to find a detailed datasheet. You may need to configure the output through serial communication.
See page 10 in : **broken link removed**

johnnykhor

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
no output from sensor

The second datasheet tell, that the preconfigured version doesn't need serial programming, which could be already guessed from the existence of a datasheet that doesn't even mention the digital interface.

The table doesn't "work" in a processor, you have to choose a suitable linearization method according to your application requirements. The table could be used as base of a lookup table with linear interpolation. I think, that a second or third order polynomial would result in less numerical effort. Using 6th order, as given in the datasheet seems absurd for a fairly linear characteristic, and also inappropriate considering the sensors specified accuracy.

johnnykhor

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

thank you very much to both of you.

FvM said:
The second datasheet tell, that the preconfigured version doesn't need serial programming, which could be already guessed from the existence of a datasheet that doesn't even mention the digital interface.

i've tried many ways of getting the output this afternoon, yet i still get nothing from it but a constant (2.5v) from Vobj.

is there other idea how to get the reading?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back