Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

no debugging symbols found ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wls

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello guys. Need some info about gdb debugging ? I gdb a daemon magma and I get this message ?
***********************************************************************************************************************
This GDB was configured as "i386-redhat-linux-gnu"...(no debugging symbols found)...Using host libthread_db library "/lib/libthread_db.so.1".

(gdb) run
Starting program: /home/wls/magma_tool/linux24_x86/flexlm/flex/magma
(no debugging symbols found)...[Thread debugging using libthread_db enabled]
[New Thread 16384 (LWP 10755)]
(no debugging symbols found)...(no debugging symbols found)...10:40:37 (magma) FLEXlm version 8.4a
10:40:37 (magma) Vendor daemons must be run by lmgrd

Program exited with code 060.

************************************************************************************************************************

How do I solve this problem ? I am new to linux gdb debugging ?

How do u create debugging symbol ? Can we use objdump !!!
Thx.

no debug symbol means you cannot trace the program by function name. because the vendor does not add -g (presever symbol) in gcc compiling. you must trace the program by exprience and then find the function of license check. good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.