Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

NiMH battery in parallel or series

Status
Not open for further replies.

rakesh1987

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I would like to know the advantages and disadvantages of connecting NiMH battery in parallel and series concerned about charging also

20 cells in total, which is best topology , please specify with reasons:

2 parallel of 10 cells in series (OR) 20 cells in series.

thanks in advance.

I would like to know the advantages and disadvantages of connecting NiMH battery in parallel and series concerned about charging also

20 cells in total, which is best topology , please specify with reasons:

2 parallel of 10 cells in series (OR) 20 cells in series.

thanks in advance.

If you Connect the battery in series battery voltage multiple with same current. i.e.

if you have Battery voltage = 6 V, Current = 1 A.

After serious Connection you getting 3 batteries in series. V=18 V. I= 1A.

If you Connect the battery in parallel battery Current multiple with same current. i.e.

After parallel Connection you getting 3 batteries in parallel. V=6 V. I= 3 A.

I hope its helps you

If you Connect the battery in series battery voltage multiple with same current. i.e.

After serious Connection you getting 3 batteries in series. V=18 V. I= 1A.

If you Connect the battery in parallel battery Current multiple with same current. i.e.

After parallel Connection you getting 3 batteries in parallel. V=6 V. I= 3 A.

I hope its helps you
iam not looking for the total voltage and capacity, any other concerns in paralleling and series configuration

if you connect battery in series you have to add a BMS ( battery management system), if you will not use a BMS you will have an imbalance between cell and you will have one cell charged and the other not charged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back