Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

nice simple radio receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScienceIsCool

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hey guys... I was hoping u guys would help me out...

I built the simple fm transmitter from the circuit from talking electronics
HTML:
http://talkingelectronics.com/projects/FM-Bug/FM-Bug.html
and it works fine... Now, I got super interested in radio technology after this and now I want to make a 50 Mhz radio receiver...

The receiver should just receive the 50Mhz signal (no modulation) from the transmitter (for which i will modify my existing transmitter) and reject out all other signals around it with nice filtering and amplify it to produce a nice amplified 50Mhz signal so that i can rectify it and use it like a radio switch... something like antenna > nice filtering > nice amplifying > rectifying > switching on the LED!!

I plan to do this using basic L,R,C circuit including BJTs... no IC's and Crystals... So plz give me ideas or circuits to achieve this...I have limited experience in electronics but I am ready to learn all the stuff necessary (Like impedance matching, Filter techniques) to build this so I am not going to buy any module or something.. :-|... Waiting for ur replies!!

---------- Post added at 17:15 ---------- Previous post was at 16:05 ----------

Sorry but I think I posted this thread in wrong place.. I re posted it in analog circuits forum...

Yes.. tanveerriaz.. the link u provided had a circuit but it is not readable...

I need to make a circuit which operates on a frequency between SW and FM band...

The receiver is just a receiver.. it need not demodulate the signal.. It should just filter the signal detected by the antenna by nice filter and it should amplify that signal.. THATS ALL!!! Just detecting the signal is all I plan to do... It would be so cool to turn on/off a device without using wires for a short (say 10 metre) range... I would be overjoyed if this works... I am willing to learn everything I need to achieve this goal of mine... Plz reply and help me guys!!

Status
Not open for further replies.