Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

News::: Verplex will be acquired by Cadence !

Status
Not open for further replies.

joe2moon

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Oh, my God 8O

Cadence Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire Verplex
http://www.cadence.com/company/pr/071403_verplex.html

Cadence Signs Definitive Agreement to Acquire Verplex;
Electronic Design Leader Enhances RTL-GDSII Flow
with Market-Leading Formal Verification Technology
**broken link removed**

Verplex Signs Definitive Agreement to be Acquired by Cadence;
Best-in-Class Formal Verification Enhances RTL Design Flow
for Electronic Design Leader
**broken link removed**

What is verplex?

verification

Cadence Design Systems Inc. (NYSE: CDN) today announced it has signed a definitive agreement to acquire Milpitas, Calif.-based Verplex Systems, Inc., the acknowledged leader in formal verification electronic design software.

My question is if they are the acknowledged leader, why have so few of us heard of them compared to other standard brand names?

Re: verification

flatulent said:
Cadence Design Systems Inc. (NYSE: CDN) today announced it has signed a definitive agreement to acquire Milpitas, Calif.-based Verplex Systems, Inc., the acknowledged leader in formal verification electronic design software.

My question is if they are the acknowledged leader, why have so few of us heard of them compared to other standard brand names?

Verplex is indeed the leader of "formal verification" technology, before synosys FormalPro . i think few people know them because formal verification is not widely used by designers.

aramis

hi, aramis
Form@lity form syn@psys and verplex, which is better?
And what different?
Thanks.

linuxluo said:
hi, aramis
Form@lity form syn@psys and verplex, which is better?
And what different?
Thanks.

The information shows more and more people use formality( idon't remember where to find the report), maybe just because they use syn@psys synthesis and backend tool and formality integrate well with syn@psys flow. of course, verplex is still no. 1.

cadence recenlty focus on their unify platform from frontend-to-backend flow, and integrate many tool into this flow. it will be a good news that cadence could be a good competitor to syn@psys.

in my experience, cadence is more open-mind than syn@psys, and they share their experience and help customer/student learning EDA tool. but syn@psys is very closed-mind, In 2003 SNUG taiwan, even you want to attend their SNUG conference, you have to provide them your company tool-contact person information. what about students? and not EDA-department person?? so ridiculous......

if anything wrong with my information, any comment will be welcome.

aramis

Market Share

Dataquest FY 2001 Formal Verification Market <--- Avant! acquired by Syn**sys Now
Synopsys::: Formality (47%)
Verplex::: LEC (45%)
Others (8%)
-----------------------------------------------------

Dataquest FY 2000 Formal Verification Market
Synopsys::: Formality(44%)
Verplex::: LEC (33%)
Avanti/Chrysalis::: Design Verifier(13%)
Others (10%)
-----------------------------------------------------
ref: www.deepchip.com/items/snug03-14.html
SNUG 03 Item 14 [05/14/03]
Subject: Synopsys Formality, Verplex LEC, Mentor FormalPro

THE EVIL EMPIRE WINS :twisted:

I believe it is not about which is better which is not...
Synopsis had a formal verification tool in there flow, and cadence were obviously struggling to build one, so they bought the best among the others.

Now they have one , in there flow...

is it true? but it will be included into cadence just like Avanti

For My experience at 2000-2001, I have evaulated both formal verification tools. I think the verplex LEC is more faster , easier, more stable and more accurate than formality. But now, I don't know if there is any improvement for formailty in currently version. :wink: :)

I have to agree with Memphis. I compared verplex, synopsys, and chrysalis (now owned by avant!) around the same time. At the time chrysalis was the market leader since they brought a formal verification tool (in this case an equivalence checker) to market way before anybody else.

Verplex was easier to use and and lots faster. Plus it could converge on blocks that synopsys and chrysalis would hang on.

It's always good for the founders/owners of a company that have produced a really good EDA tool when they get bought out by a big company. It's never good for the tool! :(

100% totally agree with radix.
I am entitled to say sth. here cause I have used Verplex/Formality/Chryslis before, Verplex is way much better than the other in term of every aspect. It is really surpring me to hear that verplex is purchased by cadence, it may not be a good thing for the user, though. History is the proof of this point...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back