Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Newbie: what programmer should I get

Status
Not open for further replies.

david90

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Yes i'm a beginner and there are so many different programers and names for them that I have no idea which one to buy. I'm looking for a programmer that is easy for beginner but still be useful when I become an expert.

Salam,

What is the microcontroller you use ? or you want a universal programmer ?

SphinX

go to

I have post avr atmel programmer from circuit cellar. Good article. especially for beginner.

**broken link removed**

This that a good programmer to buy? Can any programming software be use with it or only certain kind?

how about this?
**broken link removed**

That's Olimex incarnation of the JDM programmer...i prefer EPIC,or Tait programmer,or propic2...any programmer that uses an external power supply...the JDM takes it's power from the serial port,and may not work with your machine...search for EPIC,everything's here...

A good universal programmer is the Gallep 4, I have been using it , and I'd say its excellent .
And very good support when it comes to new devices.

**broken link removed**

Cheers
sda

i've designez my own programmer...
i'm going to take a picture of this :wink:
it's very cute :D

i've designez my own programmer ( équialent to jdm, programs only 16f84a now, but, the futurs revisions... who know :wink: ) , it uses only 11 components, if you want pcb and schématic, you would knwo where have that :wink:

I recommended Hi-Lo All series, it is comparatively cheap and universal.

hi david90

microchip´s ICD2 is an all-in-one debugger/programmer for Pic mcu

Has anybody actually tried TAIT programmer with IC-Prog ?
I'm having some problems

If you are intending to use PIC microcontroller then my suggestion for you is Technocrafts Universal PIC programmer and Technocrafts PIC Trainer Board..
Do visit this site

www.technocrafts.com

and ask qustions about Technocrafts Kits and Programmers at its forum..

www.technocrafts.com/forum

:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.