Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Newbie question - Simplest logic device

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrhamada

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,
I am a EE, but have been out of touch with design work for the past couple of years. I am working on a tiny consulting project. I am helping a friend build something he wants to eventually MARKET. So, I want to make sure I'm picking the right programmable device to begin with. The application is going to be quite similar to a stop watch application, (so it will need to interface with an LCD) so what would you guys recomend?

I am thinking maybe a low end PIC? What are your suggestions?

Please remember
- This is eventually going to be a commercial product, so the cheaper the better even if it will make the prototype harder.
- It will need to interface with an LCD
- The logic in it, will be similar to a stop watch application

Thanks all, and I am very new to this board, so I hope this is the right place to post this question.

Hi!

PIC could be best for this. They are cheap and if your friend have experince of programming PICs, there should be no problem.

Also Actels Igloo Nano series (http://www.actel.com/products/nano/) could be good alternative. They are also cheap and small, but have better development possibilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back