Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Newbie needs help with LED Push Button Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

deancallaway

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Guys and Girls,

I'm a total newbie to this kind of thing although I have a long IT background so should be able to sort this with a little help and advice.

I'm wanting to build a 2 Button / 1 Light system. Please see attached photo.

What i want it all to do is as follows.

(B) will be lit, (A) and (C) wont be. When (B) is pressed, (A) and (C) come on, and (B) goes off. If (B) is pressed again, nothing else happens, (B) remains off and (A) and (C) remain on.

When (C) is lit, and pressed, (A) and (C) go off, and (B) comes back on.

Basically, (B) will say PUSH FOR ASSISTANCE. (A) will say ASSISTANCE ON THE WAY and (C) will be ASSISTANCE REQUIRED.

I would really appriciate some help with this, as I said, I'm a total newbie to this so would need to know what to buy in terms of powering this setup, would it be able to be powered from a USB hub (I need 5 setups in total), or would I need some sort of 12v power supply.

Thanks in advance for any help, its greatly appriciated.

Attachments

• lights.jpg
    lights.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 139

Hi,

textual descriptions are confusing.
Therefore we have:
* truth tables
* state diagrams
* flow charts

It´s not clear what you want from us.
It´s not clear whether you want a pure hardware solution with / without microcontroller,
or a software solution, .. on a PC, or cellular phone...
size, speed, ...

Klaus

Hi,

textual descriptions are confusing.
Therefore we have:
* truth tables
* state diagrams
* flow charts

It´s not clear what you want from us.
It´s not clear whether you want a pure hardware solution with / without microcontroller,
or a software solution, .. on a PC, or cellular phone...
size, speed, ...

Klaus
Hi Klaus,

Thank you for the reply. Its a full hardware solution i am looking for. Nothing to do with PC or Cellular.

Basically, the setup will be used with (A) and (B) in 1 room, and (C) being in a control room. So if the person in the room needs assistence, presses (B), so the people on the control room, see this with light (C).

Does this make more sense?

Thanks again for your help

Dean

Hi,

A, B, C .. I always have to scoll up und down to see which is which. Please use more meaningful abbreviations

Indeed I see 5 items:
* (A) LED_OTW
* (B) SW_REQ
* (B) LED_REQ
* (C) SW_ACK
* (C) LED_ACK
please confirm whether this is correct-

if so: you have 2 inputs (switches) and 3 outputs (LEDs)

You don´t clearly say what information you need.
Thus I have to guess that you just want someone of us to do the whole job. If you want this, then please post a (paid) job offer in the according forum section.

A forum is meant that people help others, not doing their job.
--> You have to do the main job and we help you to rectify mistakes.

Klaus

Hi Klaus,

Sorry for the misunderstanding, don’t want someone to do the whole thing, or I’d just buy something off the shelf, just looking for the starting points as a newbie.

Many thanks

Dean

Hi,

* still not clear what information you need. (as already written 2x)
* No confirmation on my doubt of post#4
I want to help, I spend time, but wihtout clear informations it´s impossible.

Hardware: several solutions like: SIEMENS LOGO!, or any arduino hardware

Not sure about distances, wired communcation or wireless, power source, supply voltage, LED voltage...

I guess this all I can do for now.
Good luck.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back