Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Netlist with top level subckt

Status
Not open for further replies.

srieda

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello all,
I am new to cadence. I want to do the following. When I output a HSPICE netlist from Virtuoso Analog Design Environment, I am getting the netlist properly. But suppose I want to output it with the top level also extracted as a subckt, how do I do it?
Please do help me as I am stuck and need this info to proceed.

Thanks in advance..

Im not sure about the sadence platform, but usually you need to have a symbol for the top level to have it as a subckt in your netlist.
So create a symbol for the top level and then try to netlist it out. The Mentor platform provides an option to netlist it out as a subckt if you have a symbol. Check for such an option in cadence and you are done.

--cmos_dude

That is precisely what I am not able to find out. I was using some other tool previously where this option was always provided when I was outputting a netlist. But here, in cadence I do not know how to do it.

Please somebody help me out...

What do you need? To extract netlist from layout for post-sim? You want hierarchy netlist extraction?

leo_o2 said:
What do you need? To extract netlist from layout for post-sim? You want hierarchy netlist extraction?

I want hierarchy netlist extraction from schematic... not layout.. I want it so that I can do scripting to generate the pin list on the top-level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back