Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Negative to Positive Voltage Converter ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vikasveshan

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi All ,

Please Suggest me both Integrated and discrete solution to convert -15V to 15V with output power requirement of 0.5W to 1W.

Thanks & Regards !!

V V

please specify it would be ac or dc voltage ....
there are so many topology used for converting you can use according to your specification.....also specify current...

Its a DC Voltage , required Output Current is near about 60mA .

Please explain me the various topologies used for Conversions .

Regards !!
V V

Sorry , didnt find any suitable topology for my requirement .
Anyways thanks !!

Regards !!
V V

Last edited:

Are the terminals floating for the neg. supply .Just change the ground lead and use it ,
Use an STMicro VIPer10 or er22 to switch a T10 toroid and generate a 15VDC @100mA ..
I you want ckt attachment ,I can send you the ckt and PCB design .

Hi all,

You can do this with a simple op-amp circuit and a pass BJT (for the power). Op-amp: Vcc = Vout+Vop-amp drop. Vcc- or Vee = 0 volts (ground). Set your Av to >100 <1000. Av = -(Rf/Rin). Your negative Vin (-Vin) will be applied to the negative input of the op-amp via the Rin resistor. the non-inv. pin is tied to ground. Put a load resistor on the output to ground (say, 33K or so). Tie the op-amp output to the base of a NPN BJT. Use a BJT with a beta of 100 or better. Tie the Collector of BJT to Vcc. Attach the emitter to ground via a "developing" resistor, say a 4.7K or so to set your Iec for saturation. Attach your output lead to the top of the emitter resistor. When you have a negative input voltage, you will have a Vcc-Vec output voltage. :) Perhaps I will attach a shematic to help in a later post.

I have since come up with a better idea. Use an optocoupler to detect the negative voltage (say a 4N25). Tie the anode of the diode to ground (0 V) and the cathode to your negative voltage (using an appropriate series resistor). Use your emitter or collectore on the opto-transistor as you see fit, this will be your output. Use that output to drive a pass transistor. Cheers :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back