Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

negative resistance circuit design help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ash1024200

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
does anyone know where to find information on the design of active capacitance circuits? it should emulate a capacitor in parallel with a negative resistance, e.g. by using a transistor with feedback.

I am afraid, the above link will not help too much.

Hi ash1024200,

why not using an opamp in NIC (negative impedance converter) configuration?
With this circuitry you can convert each load impedance into its negative equivalent.
It's a basic circuit which can be found in nearly all electronic books and introductory articles.

thanks, LvW
i forgot to mention that the circuit is meant to operate at a frequency of 1.9GHz. an op amp will not function at this frequency, right?
i have found a circuit that uses a FET, the diagram is attached(the software is awr microwave office).
the relevant intrinsic parameters are: Cgs=1pf, Cgd=0.2pf. i am supposed to bias this circuit at Ids=15ma and Vds=2V. but i don't know how to do that without interfering with the input impedance. do you have any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back