Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Negative real impedance? (HFSS design)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lechko

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everyone, im new to this group so i hope you can help me...
I've been working with HFSS for a while now, designing RF coils for MRI. The structure is pretty simple - a single turn coil with a coax feed. the feed is blocked by a copper block on its port end, and the inner coax connects to the coil... (coil radius=7cm) the problem is that i keep getting negative real part for my impedance in low freq. (around 100MHz).
Happend to any of you? what's that supposed to mean in HFSS?

thanks in advance
Alex

lechko said:
Hi everyone, im new to this group so i hope you can help me...
I've been working with HFSS for a while now, designing RF coils for MRI. The structure is pretty simple - a single turn coil with a coax feed. the feed is blocked by a copper block on its port end, and the inner coax connects to the coil... (coil radius=7cm) the problem is that i keep getting negative real part for my impedance in low freq. (around 100MHz).
Happend to any of you? what's that supposed to mean in HFSS?

thanks in advance
Alex
Still can not understand the structure, if you can post a figure, it may be helpful for understanding.

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back