Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need users opinion on DSPic from Microchip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maverickmax

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
dspic development board for teaching

Hi

I have found that microchip sell DSPic chip and development board. Have anyone in this forum recently used this chip before? Is it any good? Please let me know asap

Have universities started teaching student to use this chip now?

Maverickmax77

DSPic

Yes, The dsPic series of micros are very good. They are 16 bit micros and can clock up to 120MHz.
Microchip also have quite a large library of common DSP routines.

Re: DSPic

btbass said:
Yes, The dsPic series of micros are very good. They are 16 bit micros and can clock up to 120MHz.
Microchip also have quite a large library of common DSP routines.

Do you really used the DSPic? Does it have hardware bugs ?

DSPic

Sorry for the delay in replying but I've been away working on a software contract, brushless motor control using dsPic30F4012! Yes, it does have some hardware bugs, but support from Microchip is very good. They publish errata docs on thier website and are working on ironing out the bugs. They also advise on workarounds. It is quite a quantom leap from your mid and high range PIC. I suggest you get the 'dsPIC30F Programmer's Reference Manual' and the 'dsPIC30F Family Reference Manual' from the web site. Too many features to go into here, but these are bad ass chips!

Re: DSPic

hi guys. nice forum.

i want to do a project using dspic microcontroller but dont know where to start really. can anybody give me any hints/ideas on as to what kinda project would be best using the dsPIC microcontrollers?

thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.