Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need USB drivers for windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

brmadhukar

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
Where can I find the drivers for USB? For evaluation and then buying.

I have used and am using Jungo. I do not know the problem with it but am unable to achieve good rates. I need to comare with other drivers to ensure that there is no problem.
TIA

Hi,

Check out the USB1.1 driver for windows at https://www.ftdichip.com/.

The drivers there are for FTDI's own chips, but supposedly you can get a quick reference by reviewing theirs.

FTDI's advantage in the USB chip is the close driver support...

Hi,
I need to transfer 64MB of data from a target to PC. Which is the best method to use? Minimum implementation hassle amd acceptable speed ( 1 minute). Is it possible with USB1.1 really.

I have tried Bulk method but not to any good.

I shall check ftdichip.
thanks

Try the driver from www.thesycon.de.
Their demo is really good.
Depending on your needs you can use their freeware version or their
comercial version.

For the Transfer Rate there are always two components involved.
The driver which must be able to sink /source the datarate and secondly your device.

usbman

brmadhukar said:
Hi,
I need to transfer 64MB of data from a target to PC. Which is the best method to use? Minimum implementation hassle amd acceptable speed ( 1 minute). Is it possible with USB1.1 really.

I have tried Bulk method but not to any good.

I shall check ftdichip.
thanks
64 MByte per minute is 1.04 MByte per sec and very close at the USB 1.1
limit of 1.378 Mbytes (90 % BW).
It might be possible but there is no gurantee

usbman

Hello USBman,
your comments on other day was very helpful.

Right now I am in a fix over migrating to USB2. I do not know whether to use 1.1 or not. I am unable to get more than 500Kbps which is very bad. Are there any techniques by which I can measure the driver speed.
TIA

Hi,
thesycon usb drivers are good. The testing took 1/2 a day. Thanks for the info USBman. They are certainly better than the Jungo5.22 version.

Is there a general method to know which drivers are working at what speed. None provides a clear information on this.
brmadhukar

brmadhukar said:
Hi,
Is there a general method to know which drivers are working at what speed. None provides a clear information on this.
brmadhukar

I don't know of any general way how to check the data rate of
usb drivers.
Thanks to MS it is very complicated to archive a good speed on
driver level. Moreover its hard to understand the implications when
you are choosing a implementation and the usb samples in the ddk
are not always helpfull.

usbman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com