Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need urgent help with PIC to PIC communication

Status
Not open for further replies.

aamiralikhoja

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Need urgent help

I am using pic16f877A microcomputer in same circuit board pin 33 of PIC16F877A (configured as input) is connected with pin 13 of 89c51 (configured as output ) . pin no 13 of at89c51 microcontroller is connected with intr of pic 16f877a pin 33. when logic 1 is applied to 877a voltage on pin is 5 V but when logic 0 is applied, voltage is somewhere between 1.2v to 1.4 volts therefore some times 877a does not recognize interrupt.

Need urgent help

for a testing, just disconnect pin33 of 877a from pin13 of 89c51.
now just see the voltage levels.. both high and low.
is it behaving the same manner?

Re: Need urgent help

Maybe u need a pulldown resistor..im not sure,please post schematic and code for us to troubleshoot..

Re: Need urgent help

hi,
These problems occur in microcontrollers. So, as erio told better you add one pull down resistor and make your PIC input 0..

Need urgent help

Hello
If you use pin 13 of 89c51 (port 3), P3.3 INT1 (external interrupt 1).
The Port 3 output buffers can sink/source four TTL inputs
I think you can use Port 0 to solving problem because Port 0 is an 8-bit open drain bidirectional I/O port. As an
output port each pin can sink eight TTL inputs.

Status
Not open for further replies.