Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need to trigger 4 relays for a single pulse

Status
Not open for further replies.

anbudanarunm

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hai, I am new to this forum. I am in a need to design a circuit which need to trigger 4 relays for a single pulse. My trigger pulse will come from the IC 74LS318. Basically it's an 3 to 8 line decoder. can any help me to solve this?

HEllo,

Try to use a flip-flop SR and with transistors on the output to drive the relays.

Regards,
Bruno

could please provide the basic circuit diagram for this if possible

hey if u want to use 3 to 8 decoder then u need 3 inputs , use D-flip flop on the output of each decoder line & a driver to trigger the relay thatz it

I have one more doubt. Shall i use the ULN2803 which is a relay driver at the outputs of D flip flop(74LS138) and connect 4 relays/ULN2803 output directly.

yes u can use ULN2803 (max = 500mA) as a Relay driver. hey don't 4get to connect pin#10 of ULN2803 with +ve supply
another option is u can use a simple cheap transistor(as a switch) + diode as a relay driver

don't 4get to press helped me button

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back