Not open for further replies.

vdharan

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I am using SIM100S GSM/GPRS module. This module has got an option to configure it as a server. Also There is a command to assign a port number to accept incoming connection when configured as a server.
When I configure it as a server and when i request for the IP address, It gives me an IP address which is allocated to it by the service provider.

Now I want to open a socket to this IP on the assigned port number from another remote machine on the internet. When I try to open a socket , Iam getting an error as "Network is unreachable".

What should i do to connect to the device and send data?. Can any one give me a suggestion to do the same.

Regards
vdharan

Hi, Have you been able to solve this. I am also planning to build a similar network and need help in initiating.

Reactions: annab

annab

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Hi everyone,
I am a computer engineer student and my senior project is designing an embedded web server portable device using CS8900A.
and i am collecting infromation for this ..
any help
i am appreciating ur contact..

thank u

Most GPRS service providers give a private IP to GPRS connections. It is not a realworld IP so while it can be used easily as a web client, it would not be possible to use as a web server.

What I feel is we need a static IP for this type of application.

Does any one has any update or is succeessful in making a embedded server?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…