Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need to replace an old power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

cupoftea

Advanced Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
Need to replace an offline 240VAC power supply that had outputs +13.5V, 6A and -13.5V, 1A.
Size of the original is 140mm x 230mm x 55mm. In metal case with vent holes for fans.
Do you off the top of your head know of any quick, cheap off the shelf way of doing this?
Only need 2 units made.

I always use digikey, and am thinking of a couple of 15vout ones that can be trimmed down,or a 24vout one with 2 dcdcs on the output. I cant find any yet on digikey, but is there a specific power supply vendor website that can better be used to search out the best solution?

Hi,

I know some meanwell power supplies (I guess others, too) they have a pot for output voltage adjustment. I don´t have in mind how much they can manipulate the voltage.

On a first sight: RSP-75-13.5 is close to what you need.

Klaus

Thinking about one of these for the 13.5V at 6A:
LM25-23B15

and one of these for the -13.5V at 1.5A:
LCS100US15

in a metal enclosure, and add some fans in there.
And add some diodes across each output, this will give 13.5v-0-(-13.5v)

Presumbly, since the customer only wants two of them, we will not have to worry about the overall power factor drawn by this duo of power supplies? (since each meets the regs individually)

Status
Not open for further replies.