Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need to increase current for DC-DC Converter

Status
Not open for further replies.

engshahrul

Banned
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I'm use **broken link removed**.
I use input 3V from battery and use 5V at output.

The problem is, my circuit use 5V, >100mA but the device only can supply up to 100mA. I tried to boost current, same as boost current for voltage regulator 78XX using TIP2955, but it fail produce 5V output.

Anyone know how to solve this?

This will not boost current, as the transformer used is meant for 100mA only. It is not a Linear Regulator but a DC/DC converter. You are trying implement the linear regulator's procedure on a different type of circuit. You have to select a higher current model converter to get more current.

This will not boost current, as the transformer used is meant for 100mA only. It is not a Linear Regulator but a DC/DC converter. You are trying implement the linear regulator's procedure on a different type of circuit. You have to select a higher current model converter to get more current.

How about using DC-DC on isolation by a transformer?

How about using DC-DC on isolation by a transformer?
What type of transformer?
An iron core or Ferrite core?
An iron core will not work because of High Frequency used in DC/DC converter.
A Ferrite core, YES, this will but to increase current -> A bigger transformer and proper related circuitry.

I think you need to use fly-back topology in DC-DC converter and also you can add mosfet and Ferrite transformer to your circuit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back