Need to convert a music synthesizer from 110V to 230V.Voltage and fuse questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

projectwoofer

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello to everyone!

I'm new here and I have a rather elementary question. I live in Europe but just bought a rackmount synthesizer from the states...the Roland D-550.

So, I need to convert it to european voltage and have some questions: I've read the service manual and the power supply is universal and has slots for 100V, 117V, 220V and 240V...My country is on 230V, which one should I choose? 220V or 240V?

Moreover, the power supply uses 2 fuses:

1. The main fuse (F1) is a 315mA 250V and should be changed to a 160mA T 250V fuse..I do have a spare 400mA T 250V fuse but I suppose I should not use it?

2. The second fuse (F2) is a 1.25A N1 250V and should be changed to a 1.25A T 250V...do I really need to change this one too or to change the main fuse is enough?

Thanks a lot for any help!

On question one, always follow the manufactures instructions(destructions). The price of a fuse vs the price of your new toy is not worth the risk.

On the second question start out at 240. Putting a lower voltage in than what its designed for is the safer of the two options, but my bet is either will work. Chances are the power supply is a switcher and they tend to handle a wide range of voltages.

Reactions: noobler

noobler

Helpful Answer Positive Rating

This is from the service manual. Can you tell if it's a switcher or not?

---------- Post added at 21:40 ---------- Previous post was at 21:39 ----------

I need to have at least 3 posts for a link...

Ok, so the synthesizer arrived and I changed the voltage and the fuse!

Now I noticed that the cable that came with it says: 7A, 125V...does this mean that I cannot use it on 220V? It's the 2 prong 110V style but I have a small adapter to 220V 2-prong and tried to connect to mains for a while and was OK...

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…