Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need some suggestions about antenna Arrays

Status
Not open for further replies.

najamussaqib

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everybody,i want to do beam steering through antenna arrays in both azimuth and elevation. please suggest me which antenna array should I use.???

hi
if your frequency range is high enough you can use microstrip antenna.because it is very simple to manufacture and the samples are closely the same which is very helpful in final response and calibration.if the frequency is not high enough you can use dipole antenna

hi
if your frequency range is high enough you can use microstrip antenna.because it is very simple to manufacture and the samples are closely the same which is very helpful in final response and calibration.if the frequency is not high enough you can use dipole antenna

Thanks bro.i am designing it for 2.4 Ghz frequency. Also, can you please tell me that which array i should use either rectangular array ,circular array or array of some other kind in order to achieve beam scanning in both planes(i.e azimuth and elevation)?

I think that circular array might fit for your need. Its beam can be steered to cover 360 degrees in azimuthal plane.
The beam steering can be performed by adjusting the phase excitation of array elements.

I think that circular array might fit for your need. Its beam can be steered to cover 360 degrees in azimuthal plane.
The beam steering can be performed by adjusting the phase excitation of array elements.

yes you are right bro..but i want to steer it in elevation plane as well..is it possible to do that??

yes you are right bro..but i want to steer it in elevation plane as well..is it possible to do that??

I think it's possible. Because the phase excitation can be calculated by the equation (from Balanis' Antenna theory textbook)

αn=-k*a*sin(θ0)*cos(Φ0n).

You can steer its main beam to desired angle by putting angles (Φ00) in this equation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back