Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need solution for programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murugesh_89

Full Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am using pickit2 for programming IC. While programming it is displaying as Failed verify (Address = 0x0 - Expected Value 0xEF30 - Value Read 0x0), I am using a new PIC IC only.
What to do to over come this problem?
Please help me in this regard.

Thanks
Murugesh

Hi,

You have to give more information -

It the Pk2 a ready made one from Microchip or a diy version.
Have you used it successfully before ?

What chip are you trying to program ?

Are you connecting the Pk2 to just a chip or to a chip on a circuit board ( icsp)

A picture or diagram of your connections would help

Hi,
Thanks for your reply.

I am using Pickit 2 bought from microchip.
I am using pic18f25k20. Its a in circuit programmer and programmed many boards and 2 boards only shown this issue.

Hi,

The message just means it has not programmed the correct value into that location.

Is there anything different to these in circuit chips to what you have programmed before ?

Assume you have the correct icsp circuit around Mclre, as shown in the Pk2 User guide.

Have you tried running Pk2 V2.61 Tools, Diagnostics to see if all the voltages and signals are getting though to the chip ok ?

Again assume you have the Pk2 set to 3V for that chip.

The length of the connector cable from the Pk2 to the circuit, less than 150mm / 6" ? too long and it can loose the signals.

Status
Not open for further replies.