Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need RF Demodulator for designing VHF Receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

erfan_fossile

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hai All,

I wanted to design a VHF receiver with a band of 136.5MHz to 173.5MHz with 99 selectable channels and an audio output to play the baseband audio. Kindly help in finding the demodulator part and and an audio codec for the output..

Thanks,
Erfan

Hai,

I am using the below specifications and I need to design the Radio receiver for the same. Let me know if you know any modules which can do this.

Frequency band : 136 MHz to 173.5 MHz
Number of RF frequency Channels : 99
Channel separation : 375 KHz
Modulation : Wideband FM (± 105 KHz deviation)
Modulating frequency band : 10 Hz to 10 KHz (3 dB points)
Input RF sensitivity : -92dBm (minimum)
Out put S+N/N : 26 dB
Spurious rejection : 80 dB (minimum)
IF rejection : 80 dB (minimum)
Intermodulation rejection : 60 dB (minimum)
Adjacent channel rejection : 70 dB (minimum)

One would preferably expect classical analog FM according to the specification. Similar to FM broadcast, except for the frequency. But in this case, what's the purpose of a codec?

88-108 is band 2 Broadcast Fm in the UK & Europe, this looks like band 2 1/2 (?) with non hi-fi frequency range and mono with excessive channel spacing and no pre/de-emphasis. Looks like a lost cause to me. But to get back to your question, get hold of a FM broadcast receiver and modify the front end to change the oscillator and RF frequency tuning. If you are stuck with your channel spacing it looks as though you will have to design your own PLL set up if you want to switch from channel to channel.
Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back