Status
Not open for further replies.

carlyou

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
If I want to design a 12bit, 65 or 80MHz pipeline ADC, how can I get the various modules' parameters, such as the sample resolution, OTA gain, and so on, who can give me a advice or introduce some papers? For some reasons, I have to use hspice in windows to simulate my design and only have a TSMC .35 level49 model, is it enough to achieve my aim? Thanks very much.
carl

Re: pipeline ADC design

I think it is possible to meet the requirements which u need for designing the ADC. u can get lot of data sheet from ti.com(texas instruments site) and maxim.com and u can get lot of design and materials in IEEE ( solid state circuits) journals regarding ur work.

Re: pipeline ADC design

"If I want to design a 12bit, 65 or 80MHz pipeline ADC, how can I get the various modules' parameters, such as the sample resolution, OTA gain, and so on, who can give me a advice or introduce some papers? For some reasons, I have to use hspice in windows to simulate my design and only have a TSMC .35 level49 model, is it enough to achieve my aim? Thanks very much.
carl "

Hi

As your target 12bit, 65-80MHz pipeline ADC..so at first decide what will be the specifications of sub blocks ( i.e opamp, comparator, S&H, MDAC, voltage reference etc.)

error tolerance of the 1st stage 1/4096 v (if your FSV = 1V) for that reason you require more than 80dB open loop gain.

here i am attaching one pdf file for your ready reference.

bye...

carlyou

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.