Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need parameters for 12bit pipeline ADC design

Status
Not open for further replies.

carlyou

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
If I want to design a 12bit, 65 or 80MHz pipeline ADC, how can I get the various modules' parameters, such as the sample resolution, OTA gain, and so on, who can give me a advice or introduce some papers? For some reasons, I have to use hspice in windows to simulate my design and only have a TSMC .35 level49 model, is it enough to achieve my aim? Thanks very much.
carl

Re: pipeline ADC design

I think it is possible to meet the requirements which u need for designing the ADC. u can get lot of data sheet from ti.com(texas instruments site) and maxim.com and u can get lot of design and materials in IEEE ( solid state circuits) journals regarding ur work.

Re: pipeline ADC design

"If I want to design a 12bit, 65 or 80MHz pipeline ADC, how can I get the various modules' parameters, such as the sample resolution, OTA gain, and so on, who can give me a advice or introduce some papers? For some reasons, I have to use hspice in windows to simulate my design and only have a TSMC .35 level49 model, is it enough to achieve my aim? Thanks very much.
carl "

Hi

As your target 12bit, 65-80MHz pipeline ADC..so at first decide what will be the specifications of sub blocks ( i.e opamp, comparator, S&H, MDAC, voltage reference etc.)

error tolerance of the 1st stage 1/4096 v (if your FSV = 1V) for that reason you require more than 80dB open loop gain.

here i am attaching one pdf file for your ready reference.

bye...

carlyou

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Status
Not open for further replies.