Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need onfo-IO pads,circuitry, architeture, about ESD circuits

Status
Not open for further replies.

piano

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
IO pads

I don't know any thing about Io pads, can anybody help my on IO pads,its circuitry
and architeture, and about ESD circuits used in pads.

Thanks in advance

Re: IO pads

what you need may be too many!can you clarify it more clearly!

I have IO pad library but i can't figure it out in logical form. so i don't able to understand the working anf functioning of IO pads.

I need to know the IO pads architecture first and then later i will focus on ESD circuit.

Honestly your question is far to broad. IO architectures are as unique or more so than amplifier designs. There are thousands of ways to design a circuit that meets your needs, and there are thousands of different IO specifications that people have need for. The reason you are probably overwhelmed with an IO library is that most libraries includes huge amounts of IO flavors, and even selectable options for each flavor to meet a specific need. There is no one architecture that can be explained to you that will help you know how to build an IO library.
If you have an IO library, the foundry or your IP provider should have included a users guide on how to select which IO for what type of application or specifications. I would start there.
Note I am not even talking about specialized IO such as a USB interface, Display Port, HDMI, SerDes, Hypertransport, DDR, DDR2, DD3, SMBus, I2C, etc etc etc...need I go on.
As for ESD, thats even more complex and nuanced than the IO design, and ESD is really a chip level architectural solution, not just an IO architectural issue or an ESD device. I wish I had an easy asnwer for you, but there isnt one. If you have a specific question on a schematic, feel free to post it and maybe we can help you out. Again, like ljxpjpjljx said, your question is too broad.

HI,

Pls find the attached doc.

It may help you.

Thanks..

HAK..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back