Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need ideas for case study progect-logic circuits and design

Status
Not open for further replies.

teqno

Newbie level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
logic circuits

hy guys im only doing 1st year and i need ideas on what to create for my case study progect:?: based on logic circuits and design it with combination of more than one gate........besides an alarm!!!!!!!!!!!!!

logic circuits

door lock with alarm
counter
can you use other gates

teqno

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Re: logic circuits

teqno said:
hy guys im only doing 1st year and i need ideas on what to create for my case study progect:?: based on logic circuits and design it with combination of more than one gate........besides an alarm!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fast current limiter for power applications.

teqno

logic circuits

i think counter is good.

teqno

sorry teqno for not replying fast

i don't know what do u want in ur project , and what is in ur mind but i also just finished 1st year , and counter was one of the in-study projects that we take,

a counter is a very simple cct ,
its i/p is a pulse and its o/p is a no. on LED 7-seg display
i don't know what is ur info about the chips , so forgive me if i added unnecessary info.
u will need counter chip 7490,
its i/p is a pulse on the i/p pin and its o/p is BCD value on four o/p pins , it starts with zero and increase with every pulse to a certain BCD no u configure,
then u will need 7447 or 7448 (BCD to 7-seg decoder) , and a 7-seg display common anode,or common cathode (depends on the decoder)

teqno

Re: need ideas for case study progect-logic circuits and des

you could also do some case study in modifying JK Flip Flop and form them into a T FlipFlop or Adding latches to eliminate indeterminate states.

here is the data sheets, read the pin configuration and truth table carefully to avoid unnecessary mistakes,
u can find also the cct and wiring on the web.

evilheart said:
here is the data sheets, read the pin configuration and truth table carefully to avoid unnecessary mistakes,
u can find also the cct and wiring on the web.

Dear Friend,

do not upload files that is available online for free.

fe el bedaya asf ya Aya 3la el files

well teqno , i think all what u need about the inputs and outputs of the counter chip will be explained in the data sheet , and u told me that u want to know about counter i/p and o/p, so i will try also to explain,
it simply (counts) the no. of pulses applied to the i/p pin , and gives the number of them as a BCD (binary coded decimal) on the o/p bins , BCD is a 4-bit code so it need four pins , for example
i/p_____________ o/p
i/p pin ______ q3 q2 q1 q0
0 pulse______ 0 0 0 0 _____ dec 0
1st pulse_____0 0 0 1 _____ dec 1
2nd pulse____0 0 1 0 _____ dec 2
3rd pulse____0 0 1 1 _____ dec 3
. .
. .
and so on , until it reaches (1001) (decimal 9) and it start from beginning , u can buy it form a shop that sells electronic components specially one that sells 74xx logic chips , so ask ur colleagues about a shop like that , or just ask friends that r older than u in college , i hope that helped.

Re: logic circuits

why dont you try www.twitter.com/VEATechs.discuss and get your answer

teqno said:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back