Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Hi Power Dimmer using Triac. 5KW or 6KW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkw

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi...
Please i´m need an simple dimmer project to control an load that have 5500 Watts. Dimmers projects using triacs that have 5000 Watts to 7000 Watts are welcome. The voltage of the load is 220/240 VCA x 25 Ampers. The load is an resistence, that is used to heat the water.
Thanks in advance...
Any suggestion are wellcome.
Marcelo
PS. I have tried to search in elektroda board and google, but no results found.

You can use a very basic circuit to phase-control loads like a water heater (see drawing below), but because you will be switching ≈5kW you may like to consider a solid state device.
For example: at 25% heater demand, this may mean 0.05 seconds on, 0.15 seconds off, 0.05 on, .... This is actually 3 sinewaves on, 9 sinewaves off, 3 on, 9 off, .... Since you are switching full sinewaves, starting at the zero crossing mark and ending at the zero crossing mark, there is no noise generated and the power is permitted to start at zero and then ramp up.
Here is an example of a solid state circuit based on a triac:
**broken link removed**
Regards,
IanP

Hi IanP...
Thank you very much for your help.
I will assemble the circuit that you provide to see the results.
Best Regards!
Marcelo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back