Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Help with my first Microcontroller programming attempt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shamooooot

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Greetings
I started to learn how to program a PIC microcontroller but seems like I am not getting anywhere, I always have errors in my code even if I just copy and paste it from the web.
I just need to program a P16f874 so it can give me on the LCD

Missouri OF SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY
BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING DEP.

Then on the next screen

Supervised By
Dr. Cheryl B. Schrader

then on the next screen

DONE By
Leon M. Hall
Joseph D. Smith

The Micro controller in the normal case it receives once Low and once high in ordered or not ordered intervals on its PIN 2, and in each interval (in a minute for example) it shows the number of transition from low to high or vice versa. For example it shows on the screen:

RATE PER MIN = (30)
OK…

but when input becomes low for 10 or more seconds, a clock starts on the screen and it counts for two minutes. Once input comes high to the PIN 2 the program back to it's normal mode for example "RATE PER MIN = (30)". But if the 2 minutes completed the screen shows:

WARNING !!!
Oxygenated Blood Problem

and a buzzer connected on D7 for example is activated.

I have both PIC C compiler AND MPLAB
untitled.JPG
Thanks in advance :D

How can we know what is happening when the code is not provided and your MCLR pic is not set to high so it work in random.

hi shamooooot...which software is showing error?? your compiler or proteus ?? and what's the exact error?? use the same words what error window is showing...

hi shamooooot...which software is showing error?? your compiler or proteus ?? and what's the exact error?? use the same words what error window is showing...

hello,
the error shown in the compiler C/CCS or MPLAB I don't know how i can start my code :(((((((

Hello shamoooot, what do you really want to display on your LCD?

Hello shamoooot, what do you really want to display on your LCD?

look at his first post... he has already explained everything that he wishes to do.

- - - Updated - - -

hello,
the error shown in the compiler C/CCS or MPLAB I don't know how i can start my code :(((((((

hello there... could you take a snapshot of the error or mention what error it is showing....

Status
Not open for further replies.