Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need Help with building an inverter from 12vdc to 110vac....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sloetyme

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
building an inverter

I am building(trying to build) an inverter to put in my truck for my outside drilling needs or whatever i may need it for. I have a diagram that stats to use a 24D transformer out of a tv or crt monitor. BUT, the problem is that i dont know how to hook up this transformer. I have one from a old rca tv that i have discharged from shocking me....and im using the parts for some other projects. If someone can help let me know. Thank you in advance.:?:
p.s. this is the diagram im going by.

You found an old circuit that doesn't work and we laugh at it. Hundreds of people at www.aaroncake.net complained about it.

1) Its capacitors are backwards which causes them to explode.
2) Its transistors experience avalanche breakdown of their reverse-biased emitter-base junctions that causes high peak currents in the capacitors making them hot and wastes most of the fairly low power from the transistors.
3) The base resistors provide a current that is much too low for the transistors to provide much power.
4) The ouput power is only about 30W at a low voltage.

You need a circuit that uses an oscillator to drive transistors in series to make high currents.

Re: Need Help with building an inverter from 12vdc to 110vac

Here is a better one of the same type:
**broken link removed**

There are also some clock-driven types on the same page.
<als>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back