Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help understanding some parts of this circuit diagram.

Status
Not open for further replies.

novaris04

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I finally found an existing electrical diagram that suits my needs. **broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

Please tell me whether I am reading the diagram correctly as I haven't seen such a diagram in over 10 years and some of the icons used are abit uncommon.

Kindly refer to Pot 3. There is a 1k variable resistor with some arrow on it. What does it mean?

Above it there is a line with a caption (290mV). Does it mean I measure the voltage between the 2 dots it connects to and adjust to 290mV? Is there a connection between Pot 3 and pin 6 of U2?

Refer to U3 and U2. Does it mean I join pin 4 and 8 of U3 and pin 6 of U2?

LED-bargraph-thermometer.jpg

What does it mean when the arrow is pointing at R7 from pin 2?

Last edited:

Please tell me whether I am reading the diagram correctly as I haven't seen such a diagram in over 10 years and some of the icons used are abit uncommon.

Kindly refer to Pot 3. There is a 1k variable resistor with some arrow on it. What does it mean?
The arrow on Pot indicate the terminal of pot which is adjustable, you can move this terminal from minimum to maximum.
Above it there is a line with a caption (290mV). Does it mean I measure the voltage between the 2 dots it connects to and adjust to 290mV? Is there a connection between Pot 3 and pin 6 of U2?
You need to adjust the POTs to get the indicated voltage at that line. (It is for calibration purpose).
Refer to U3 and U2. Does it mean I join pin 4 and 8 of U3 and pin 6 of U2?
Yes
What does it mean when the arrow is pointing at R7 from pin 2?
R7 is a POT with three terminal. The central (Adjustable terminal) need to connect to Pin2.

Status
Not open for further replies.