Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help to choose a best laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tan

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am planning to buy a laptop.Please help me out in choosing right one.I want to use it for installing tools such as XILINXS,edk,modelsim.(all related tools).
laptop which supports these tools,have lot memory space so that the tools can run fast,practise my programs.laptop such be light weight and should not heat up easily..
Please help me out..its urgent..

**broken link removed**

you can install windows, linux and of course macos on it
choose the operating system at boot time,
of virtualize with vmware fusion or sun virtualdisk or parallel desktop
hope this helps !

Hi,
I am planning to buy a laptop.Please help me out in choosing right one.I want to use it for installing tools such as XILINXS,edk,modelsim.(all related tools).
laptop which supports these tools,have lot memory space so that the tools can run fast,practise my programs.laptop such be light weight and should not heat up easily..
Please help me out..its urgent..

Well I would suggest you to go for Macbook!!Even I have the same and got it from **broken link removed**

HI,
it depends on your budget first .better buy GRAPHIC memory min 256 MB now.HDD capacity min 250 GB. MEMORY min 2 GB.better choose service support model laptop.don't see only branded name all in function same see the quality first .BEST OF LUCK

Hello Tan;
It's a good idea. I bought Fujitsu Siemens laptop about 4 years ago. I think that it's a good choice.

Well i suggest u for a DEll or an IBM Thimkpad Laptop or the best option would be according to me is IBM thinkpad but a money is also a main thing ,so go according on that dude.

What's your budget?

Status
Not open for further replies.