Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help:parabolic antenna calculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

eirp

Advanced Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
parabolic antenna radiation pattern calculation

Dear friends!

I need to recommend a easy and efficient program for my colleague:

He needs to calculate radiation pattern of parabolic antenna from known parabola type and known radiation pattern of feeder (measured amplitude+phase or approx. function). If possible then inverse process also (need some radiation pattern --> feeder?).

Thanks in advance for your comments...

Cheers,
Eirp

calculation of area of the parabolic antenna

EIRP,

I used SABOR many times. While this is not the most accurate, it is a good tool and the horn pattern can be adjusted to try to make it look like the actual.

If you want to bring in actual co-pol and x-pol amplitude & phase patterns and simulate them on a reflector with spars and blockage included, then NECREF from Ohio State is the right tool. While this is very powerful, it is not the easiest software to use. It uses a "Card type" formated ascii file for input and then it generates an ascii output. You have to open the output in some other software to plot the pattern.

This is a pretty inexpensive program ($450).

Other software packages that should work are:

GRASP <-- I have seen this demo, but have not used the software
hxxp://www.ticra.dk/
REFLECT <-- by ASL hxxp://www.demon.co.uk/asl/

Hello
have you software: OSU Necref, FAIM,
RF Antenna code?

Thank you

Dear EIRP,

the TICRA software (GRASP) is considered the state of the art in reflector antenna modeling.
It achieved a so logn validation that it is currently used as benchmark for
compact range test facilities.
It is also exthensively used by the satellite antennists' communicty, and you know that very complicate reflector antennas with very stringent requirements are often enbarked on satellites.

While the commercial version of GRASP is very exphensive, TICRA also offers a student version with some limitation that can be downloaded from their web site.

All the best,

Satellite

can you show the website of Grasp(Ticra) ?thanks a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back