Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help on setting up Hi-Tech with MPLAB !

Status
Not open for further replies.

donkey41

Full Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
16f877 build failed trace

hello everybody,

I think i need some help in integrating HT picc compiler with mplab.
I have set up MPLAB for HT PICC but even with compiler supplied sample code for LED.C it does not work and exits as follows:

Executing: C:\HT-PIC\BIN\PICC.EXE -Q -MPLAB -C -16F877 led.c -Oled.obj -Eled.cce -G
Halting build on first failure as requested.
BUILD FAILED

i have tried on both 6.xx and 5.7x version of MPLAB.
I have also tried on its own DOS mode, but it is very difficult to trace any messege there. Only thing which I can read is:

Exit status = 4

what is wrong ?
Is there any solution ?

thanks

PS:
I have read the small tutorial on www.microchipc.com and tried to setup, but the result was not successfull ...

Are you sure that your compiler is registered correctly ?

Ooops, I sent previous message unfinished.

Firstly, try from DOS window:

PICC -version

or

PICC18 -version

Secondly, I suppose that you can catch all messages from the command line version when you pipe them to some text file. Use something like:

C:\HT-PIC\BIN\PICC.EXE -Q -C -16F877 led.c -Oled.obj -Eled.cce -G > output.txt

and examine the file "output.txt" with text editor.

make sure you have set it up using the Project->Install language tool option in MPlab and set up the following enviroment variables on your computer

HTC_ERR_FORMAT Error[000 ] file %f %l : %s
HTC_WARN_FORMAT Warning[000 ] file %f %l : %s

I assume you have set the sample code up as a project and set the language tool suit to Ht Pic?

Then you should be able to build from mplab and get all output from the compiler into the build window.
:D

Don’t know exactly what the problem is in your case, but check this link for a great step by step instruction on how to integrate PICC with MPLab and create a project.

A lot of more info on this site as well, especially check the FAQ on PICC, there are some limitations and other stuff that is u need to know of when using it.

Se: https://www.microchipc.com/HiTechCtutorial/

regards Me

Any help on first question? I need it realy wey much.

Regards!

Correct HT-PIC Serial Number

Hello,

i was found this problem befor this time,downl load fss serial number generator from https://astalavista.box.sk word search "HI-TECH C"
and put Serial Number with only 5 digit

it is work correctly :wink:

Thank You

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back