Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help on ofdm synchronisation

Status
Not open for further replies.

shameem

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
I am working on thesynchronisation of DAB(digital audio broadcating) receiver. It is based on the OFDM technology. I have a captured signal of dab. The signal is captured with the IF 38.912 Mhz. Then i used undersampling technique to sample the signal at 8.192 Mhz sampling frequency. After this, i multiplied the captured samples with the sequences {1,0,-1,0} and {0,-1,0,1} to downconvert this signal to the baseband. Then i applied two lpf on both the I & Q streams and decimated the sequences by 4 to perform 2048 point FFT.
According to all the papers i have gone through, they say that now i should multiply the demodulated sequence with the conj of this known sequence(PRS) and then i should do a 2048 point IFFT to get the impulse response.In this impulse response, i should get a peak value at some offset in time.
But when i do all this process, i do not get any peak value in the impulse response instead i get a noise like signal having many peaks of nearly equal strength.
I also do not get any peak in the autocorelation process also.

If anybody have some idea about this problem, please help me suggest some way out.

Status
Not open for further replies.